In War Thunder, skins are essentially cosmetic enhancements that alter the appearance of in-game vehicles. These alterations can range from historically accurate camouflage patterns to fantastical and imaginative designs.
The player community is at the heart of this customization aspect, driving the creation and sharing of skins. This has resulted in an impressive diversity of skins that cater to various tastes, whether you’re a history buff or a fan of artistic expression. You will learn in this complete guide How To Install Custom War Thunder Skins.
What sets War Thunder apart is the enthusiastic and creative player community. This approach allows players to craft their skins, giving them the freedom to express themselves in the game.
It’s not just about individual customization; it’s about fostering a sense of ownership and creativity among players. Many players take pride in their unique designs, further enhancing their connection to the game.
The In-Game Marketplace
The in-game marketplace plays a crucial role in the world of War Thunder. It serves as a hub for players to buy, sell, and trade skins, adding an economic dimension to the customization process.
For players who have a knack for creating captivating skins, this marketplace can be an opportunity to earn in-game currency or even real money by trading their creations.
- War Thunder Game: You have to have War Thunder installed on your computer. You can download the game from the official website or through platforms like Steam or the PlayStation Store.
- PC or Gaming Console: You should have a compatible gaming platform, whether it’s a Windows PC, macOS, or a gaming console like PlayStation or Xbox. War Thunder is available on various platforms, but the installation process may vary slightly.
- Internet Connection: A stable internet connection is necessary to download and install skins, especially if you’re using user-created skins from the community or the in-game marketplace.
- Game Updates: Make sure your War Thunder game is up to date with the latest patches and updates. Some skins may not work properly with older versions of the game, so it’s essential to keep your game current.
- Skin Files: You’ll need the skin files you want to install. These files usually have a “.blk” extension and are provided by skin creators or found on War Thunder skin websites.
- A Dedicated Skins Folder: War Thunder typically has a dedicated folder where you should place the skin files. This folder is usually located in the game’s installation directory.
The specific steps for installing skins can vary slightly depending on your gaming platform and the version of War Thunder you are using. Skin creators often provide installation instructions along with their files. It’s crucial to follow these instructions carefully to ensure that the skins are installed correctly and appear in the game as intended.
Download a custom skin
- Go to live.warthunder.com or any other trusted site
- Type in the vehicle that you want to customize in the search bar
- Download the file, then unzip it if it is a .zip file
How To Install Custom War Thunder Skins?
Here are the steps to install a custom skin in War Thunder:
- Accessing Customization Options: Within the game, navigate to the customization options for your selected vehicle.
- Creating User Skin Sample Files: Look for the wand tool labeled “Create a user skin sample files in the game folder.”
- Locating Your War Thunder Folder: Your next step is to locate your War Thunder game folder on your computer. You can typically find it at the following path: Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > Common > War Thunder.
- Navigating to User Skins: Once you are in the War Thunder folder, go to the User Skins folder, where you’ll find the template specific to the vehicle you want to re-skin.
- Copying and Replacing Skin Files: Within the User Skins folder, copy and paste all the skin files you downloaded. Be sure to select “replace files in destination” when prompted. This ensures that the custom skin replaces the default one.
- Changing Skin Settings: Return to the in-game interface and open the “User skin” drop-down menu. Here, you can switch the skin setting from “Disabled” to the new skin template you’ve just installed.
- Viewing Your Custom Skin: With the new skin template selected, return to the game. You will now see your custom skin applied to your chosen vehicle. This method is versatile and applicable to all vehicle types, allowing you to add multiple custom skins as desired.