Shiny Pokémon have captured the hearts of trainers worldwide with their rarity and captivating aesthetics. Among these sparkling wonders, Shiny Slowpoke stands out as a unique and sought-after Pokémon. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at the enigmatic charm of Shiny Slowpoke, exploring its origins, how to find it, and its significance in the Pokémon universe.
A shiny Slowpoke is a rare variation of the Dopey Pokémon that has a different color than its regular counterpart. Shiny Slowpokes are pink, while regular Slowpokes are brown. Shiny Slowpokes are also slightly more translucent than regular Slowpokes.
Shiny Pokémon are extremely rare, and shiny Slowpokes are no exception. The odds of encountering a shiny Slowpoke in the wild are approximately 1 in 4096. However, during certain events, such as Community Days, the odds of encountering a shiny Slowpoke can be increased.
How to evolve a shiny Slowpoke into a shiny Slowbro or Slowking?
To evolve a shiny Slowpoke into a shiny Slowbro, you need to give it a Shellder to hold. Then, trade the Slowpoke with a friend. When you trade the Slowpoke back, it will evolve into a shiny Slowbro.
To evolve a shiny Slowpoke into a shiny Slowking, you need to give it a King’s Rock to hold. Then, trade the Slowpoke with a friend. When you trade the Slowpoke back, it will evolve into a shiny Slowking.
Shiny Slowpoke stats
Shiny Slowpokes have the same stats as regular Slowpokes. This means that they have a base HP of 90, a base Attack of 65, a base Defense of 65, a base Special Attack of 40, a base Special Defense of 40, and a base Speed of 15.
While shiny Slowpokes have the same stats as regular Slowpokes, they are still valuable because they are rare and unique. Shiny Slowpokes are also popular among competitive Pokémon players because they can be used to create different strategies.
Shiny Slowpoke abilities
Shiny Slowpokes can have the same abilities as regular Slowpokes. These abilities are:
- Oblivious: This ability prevents the Pokémon from being flinched.
- Own Tempo: This ability prevents the Pokémon from being confused.
Both abilities can be useful, but Oblivious is generally considered to be the better ability. This is because flinching can prevent a Pokémon from attacking, which can be a major disadvantage in battle.
Shiny Slowpoke moveset
Shiny Slowpokes can learn the same moves as regular Slowpokes. Some of the best moves for shiny Slowpokes include:
- Psychic: This is a powerful Psychic-type move that can deal a lot of damage to opposing Pokémon.
- Surf: This is a powerful Water-type move that can also deal a lot of damage to opposing Pokémon.
- Ice Beam: This is a powerful Ice-type move that can also freeze opposing Pokémon.
- Calm Mind: This move increases the Pokémon’s Special Attack and Special Defense.
- Recover: This move restores some of the Pokémon’s HP.
This moveset gives shiny Slowpokes a good balance of offense and defense. It also allows shiny Slowpokes to learn a variety of different moves to deal with different opponents.
- Obtain a Galarian Slowpoke: First, you must have a Galarian Slowpoke in your party or Pokémon storage. You can catch one in various Pokémon games set in the Galar region, such as Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield.
- Level Up Galarian Slowpoke: The evolution method for Galarian Slowpoke is relatively straightforward. You need to level up your Galarian Slowpoke to a specific level. In most cases, Galarian Slowpoke will evolve into Galarian Slowbro once it reaches level 30.
- Optional Items or Conditions: Depending on the specific Pokémon game you are playing, there may be variations in the evolution method. Some games may require an additional item or condition to evolve Galarian Slowpoke into Galarian Slowbro. For instance, in Pokémon Sword and Shield’s Isle of Armor expansion, you will need a special item called a “Galarica Cuff” to evolve Galarian Slowpoke into Galarian Slowbro. To obtain the Galarica Cuff, you can follow the storyline of the Isle of Armor expansion.
How to Catch a Shiny Slowpoke?
Source images: Niantic
Catching a Shiny Slowpoke in Pokémon games can be quite challenging due to their rarity, but it’s a rewarding pursuit for dedicated trainers. Here are some methods and tips to increase your chances of encountering and catching a Shiny Slowpoke:
- Random Encounters:
- In most Pokémon games, you can encounter Shiny Pokémon through random encounters in the wild. The base encounter rate for a Shiny Pokémon is typically around 1 in 4,096, so patience is key.
- To improve your odds, you can use various in-game methods like the Masuda Method (breeding two Pokémon from different language games) or the Shiny Charm (an in-game item that increases your Shiny encounter rate when you complete the National Pokédex).
- Chain Fishing (if applicable):
- In some games, like Pokémon X and Y and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, you can increase your chances of finding Shiny Pokémon by fishing in a chain without breaking it. Chain fishing involves repeatedly fishing in the same spot without moving or scaring away the Pokémon.
- Soft Resetting (for specific events):
- In certain Pokémon games, events or gift Pokémon have set encounters. You can attempt to Soft Reset (SR) these encounters to reset the Pokémon’s stats and potentially get a Shiny. For example, if you receive a Shiny Slowpoke through an event, you can SR to try for a better nature or individual values (IVs).
- Use of Items:
- In some Pokémon games, there are items like the “Shiny Charm” that can be obtained by completing the Pokédex. This item boosts your chances of encountering Shiny Pokémon, including Shiny Slowpoke.
- Breeding is another method to obtain Shiny Pokémon. When you breed two Pokémon, there’s a chance that the offspring will be Shiny. To increase the odds, use the Masuda Method (mentioned earlier) by breeding Pokémon from different language games.
- Max Raid Battles (if applicable):
- In Pokémon Sword and Shield, Max Raid Battles can also yield Shiny Pokémon as rewards. Participate in these raids, and if you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Slowpoke.
- Patience and Persistence:
- Ultimately, catching a Shiny Pokémon is a matter of luck and persistence. It can take a lot of time and encounters, so stay patient and persistent in your efforts.