All Images Credit: Warthunder.com
War Thunder, a cross-platform, massively multiplayer online (MMO) combat video game, emerges as a unique confluence of historical vehicular warfare.
Developed and published by Gaijin Entertainment, this digital marvel boasts a vast arsenal of over 2,000 rendered aircraft, armored behemoths, and naval titans that span the gamut from the early 20th century to the contemporary era.
The gaming panorama offers a myriad of experiences, encompassing the realms of realism, arcade extravagance, simulator precision, and cooperative missions.
War Thunder’s realistic approach makes it different from other military vehicle combat games.
It features a detailed damage model that takes into account the armor thickness, type of ammunition, and angle of impact. This takes it into battles that look very realistic and can be quite challenging.
Cross-platform support is another unique feature of War Thunder. It can be played together on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S, and can all play together on the same servers. In this way, players can easily find matches and play with friends, regardless of what platform they are on.
War Thunder is a great game for fans of military history and vehicle combat. It is free to play. However, the game does offer in-app purchases that can be used to purchase new vehicles, premium accounts, and other items.
Here are some of the things that players enjoy most about War Thunder:
- The variety of vehicles and game modes
- The realistic damage model
- The cross-platform support
- The active and supportive community
Major Updates Of War Thunder Sons of Attila
The “Sons of Attila” update added over 20 new vehicles to the game.
They just released very exciting major updates, a vast amount of vehicles such as aircraft, Flagship jets, flying boats, brand new cockpits, and plenty of aircraft have been added to the game.
Improved Chaparral SAM (USA)
Image Credit: Warthunder.com
Image Credit: Warthunder.com
Leopard 2 PSO (Germany)
T-90 Bhishma (Great Britain)
Leclerc AZUR (France)
39.M Csaba (Italy)
Other Changes and Improvements
The “Sons of Attila” update also included a number of other changes and improvements, such as:
- Improved wind and smoke effects
- Improved ammo detonation effects
- Improved water effects
- New naval engine (in development)
- New ground forces and air forces vehicles planned for the future
War Thunder Skins
War Thunder skins are custom-made camouflages and decals that players can apply to their vehicles. These skin can be used to customize the appearance of the players and their vehicles, they can do anything they can imagine, from historical camouflages to fictional designs.
Players create the skins by using different tools and techniques. Some of them use image-editing software while some of them use more advanced tools to create detailed skins.
Once a skin is created, the player can upload it to the War Thunder Live website. Other players can then download and apply the skin to their own vehicles. Skins can be either historical or fictional.
Historical skins are based on real-world camouflages that were used by military vehicles during different periods in history. Fictional skins can be anything the player can imagine, from simple color changes to elaborate designs.
Skins are a great way to personalize your vehicles in War Thunder. They can also be used to improve the realism of your vehicles or to create unique and eye-catching designs.
How to get Golden Eagles in War Thunder?
Golden Eagles are a premium in-game currency that can be used for various purposes, including purchasing premium vehicles, buying premium account time, and acquiring cosmetic items. You can also purchase Golden Eagles with real money, there are also ways to earn them in the game without spending a dime. Here are some methods to obtain Golden Eagles in War Thunder:
- 1. Daily Rewards: Log in to the game daily to claim your daily reward. Sometimes, Golden Eagles are included as part of these rewards.
- Participate in Events: War Thunder frequently hosts in-game events and special tournaments.
Some of these events offer Golden Eagles rewards for completing specific tasks or achieving certain milestones. Keep an eye on the event calendar and participate in these events to earn Golden Eagles.
- Earn them from wagers: Wagers are special challenges that players can take on in battle. If a player is successful in completing a wager, they will be rewarded with Golden Eagles. The amount of Golden Eagles that is rewarded depends on the difficulty of the wager.
- Battle Trophies: After a battle, you may receive a Battle Trophy. These can contain various rewards, including Golden Eagles. Open your Battle Trophies to see if you’ve been lucky enough to receive some Golden Eagles.
- Warbonds: Warbonds are earned by completing daily tasks and special tasks.
You can use Warbonds to purchase items in the in-game shop, and sometimes Golden Eagles are among the items available for purchase.
- War Thunder Marketplace: The War Thunder Marketplace allows players to buy and sell in-game items, including those purchased with Golden Eagles. You can potentially earn Golden Eagles by trading in the marketplace.
- Special Promotions: Occasionally, Gaijin Entertainment, the developer of War Thunder, runs special promotions or offers discounts that include Golden Eagles as part of the deal. Keep an eye out for these limited-time offers.
What is the point of War Thunder?
The point of “War Thunder” is to provide players with an immersive and engaging military vehicle combat experience across a variety of battle scenarios. It focuses on the realism and authenticity of combat in the air, on land, and at sea during various historical eras.
Does anyone still play War Thunder?
Yes, War Thunder is still a popular game in 2023. It has a large and active player base on all platforms, including PC, PlayStation, and Xbox. According to SteamCharts, War Thunder has an average of over 50,000 concurrent players on Steam alone.
Is War Thunder realistic?
“War Thunder” is known for its commitment to realism, particularly in terms of vehicle physics, historical accuracy, and attention to detail. However, the degree of realism in the game can vary depending on the specific game mode you choose to play.
Does War Thunder have skill-based matchmaking?
War Thunder does not currently have skill-based matchmaking (SBMM). Instead, it uses a system based on battle rating (BR). BR is a measure of a vehicle’s overall combat effectiveness, and players are only matched with other players whose vehicles have a BR within a certain range of their own. This means that players can expect to face a variety of opponents, regardless of their skill level.